I have a brand new project with a scene that contains only a Control, a TextureRect, and a Camera2D with a script. The game is running at a steady 30 fps, so I assume there is an fps cap that I'm trying to get rid of.
Here are some of the relevant things I've tried/learned while searching/guessed:
- Project settings/Display/Window/V-Sync makes no difference on any of the 4 modes
- Project settings/Appplication/Run/Max FPS is set to 0 and limits fps as expected if I set it to less than 30, but makes no difference for values greater than 30
- I started the project on the Compatibility renderer and switched to Forward+, same behavior on both
- Exporting the game doesn't seem to make a difference
- Deleting the Camera2D doesn't make a difference
- I have a 165Hz monitor, so it doesn't seem like a vsync issue would be the cause? (just a guess, since 165 is not divisible by 30)
- I'm using the fps monitor in the Debugger > Monitors panel. The motion is also visibly choppy
Not sure what else to try I appreciate any ideas!